Established in 2005, St. Francis of Assisi in Calhoun County, Illinois consists of St. Norbert in Hardin, St. Anselm in Kampsville and St. Michael in Michael.
Holy Week Schedule:
- Holy Thursday Mass–6:30 pm, St. Mary, Brussels, IL
- Good Friday Stations–1:00 pm, St. Joseph, Meppen, IL
- Good Friday Memorial of Our Lord’s Passion–6:30 pm, St. Mary, Brussels, IL
- Saturday Easter Vigil–8:00 pm, St. Mary, Brussels, IL
- Sunday Easter Mass–6:00 am, St. Anselm, Kampsville, IL; 9:30 am, St. Norbert, Hardin, IL; 11:00 am St. Michael, Michael, IL (No 5:00 pm Mass in Hardin this weekend)
New information, March, 2021!
The dispensation that excuses us from attending Mass because of the pandemic will be lifted on April 11, beginning with the anticipated Masses celebrated the evening before (so the evening Masses on Saturday, April 10). Bishop Paprocki also maintains a particular dispensation for the following cases, which means people in any of these categories are still excused from the obligation to attend Mass:
- Those 65 years of age or older;
- Those at risk for severe illness due to underlying medical conditions as described by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Those who care for the sick, homebound, or infirmed;
- Those women who are pregnant;
- Those who cannot be accommodated at Mass because the church was at safe-distancing capacity.
In a point of clarity, the decree also points out that anyone in the following categories is automatically excused from the obligation to attend Mass, and, in fact, has an obligation to NOT attend Mass as it puts other people at risk:
- Those who are currently ill;
- Those who have a fever or exhibit flu-like symptoms;
- Those who have good reason to think they might be asymptomatic of a contagious illness (e.g., those who were in recent contact with someone who tested positive for a contagious illness such as COVID or influenza)
If someone is not in any of the categories above but still has concerns about attending Mass, please advise them to meet with Fr. Roberts. Pastors have the authority to grant dispensations on an individual basis.
Use this link to view 2020 St. Vincent de Paul Annual Report for Calhoun County.
COVID PRECAUTIONS: all weekend Masses may be attended by 63 individuals at St. Norbert and 80 individuals at St. Anselm. Sign-up is not necessary! (4pm Saturday, St. Anselm; 9:30am Sunday at St. Norbert; 5:00pm Sunday at St. Norbert.) Slots will fill quickly so you may want to come early. Note: the 5:00pm Mass has been very lightly attended, while the 9:30am Mass tends to be full.
St. Francis of Assisi now provides Online Giving – a convenient and safe way to make a one-time or recurring donation. Getting started is easy… just click on the Online Giving link below. When you participate, your gift will be securely transferred directly into the parish bank account. And you won’t have to remember your envelopes, write a check or stop by the ATM on Sundays! Just like the envelopes you currently receive, only ‘virtual’ envelopes!